How To?

How to get help with school exclusions

You can refer yourself directly to a psychological therapies service without seeing your GP.

These offer therapies like cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for common problems like stress, anxiety, depression, OCD and phobias.

Who can get psychological therapies on the NHS?

Anyone who is registered with a GP. If you are not registered, search for a GP.

What happens when you refer yourself?

You will be offered an assessment

Someone from the psychological therapies service will get in touch. They'll ask about the problems you're having.

The service will recommend a therapy for you

The therapy will depend on what problems you're experiencing and how severe they are.

They will also tell you how long you'll wait for your first therapy session.

Psychological therapies are offered in different ways

For example, using a self-help workbook, as an online course, one to one or in a group.

To refer yourself, click here.



CIRV - Community Initiative to Reduce Violence is our programme to help reduce the drugs and violence associated with gangs.

Find out more


Key Training

Key Training

Key Training Wellingborough Study Programmes Key Training study programme is a government funded programme for 16 to 24 year olds.